Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy Six Month Little Man!


In honor of Henry's six month birthday tomorrow, let's recap his little life so far... born January 29, 2010 at 12:21pm, weighing just 7 pounds and 5 ounces, 19.5 inches long. Henry has his 6 month check up next week so we'll get the exact totals then, but last time we weighed and measured, he was up to 18 pounds and about 25 inches long I believe!

Oliver and Henry have bonded and I can only imagine the trouble the two of them will get into as they older. Joe and I worked very hard to get Oliver to stop spitting (he does a sort of very exaggerated raspberry), only for him to find out that it makes Henry crack up. So yes, Henry is already laughing at Oliver when he does things he's not supposed to. And Oliver is happy to oblige - anything to make Henry laugh. Does jumping on the couch make Henry laugh, yes it does, so of course Oliver has to do it. It's a brotherly thing to do to entertain your sibling.

The two of them even worked together to ruin the carpet in the living room. On Saturday, Oliver spilled a water bottle filled with crustal light fruit punch. This left a lovely pink stain right in front of the couch. Then on Sunday, Henry got his poop all over the carpet. The yellow stain quite compliments the pink stain adjacent to it. Really, both incidents were more my fault, but I like to think they conspired to alleviate my responsibility for the incidents.

All kidding aside, it does make me very happy to see the smile on Henry's face when his big brother is around. And the relationship that is forming between Oliver and Henry is sweet. The other day I said something to Oliver about getting him out of the car before Henry, and he said to me, "mommy, don't leave him!"

Back to Henry. Some of the things Henry enjoys the most are his feet, his thumb, and pretty much anything else he can put in him mouth. Like his predecessor Oliver, he loves to be carried around as much as possible. He thinks it's fun when Dad hold his feet and hands together and swings him upside down (it's safer than it sounds, I promise). He doesn't like sitting in the stroller, having his clothes changed, and he frightens a little more easily than Oliver did at his age.

We're looking forward to starting food with him in the next week. Yay for rice cereal and a variety of vegetables and fruits! Henry has almost got sitting up under his belt, and he's working on becoming more mobile around the house. He gets around by crawling and wiggling, but it will be fun for him when he starts to crawl. Right now his attempts at crawling are Henry getting up on his knees and a face plant two seconds later.

It's amazing that someone who has been a part of our lives for such a short time has made much such an imprint on our hearts and who we are and forever will be. I know this is probably something that has been said before in other posts, but my children are such a blessing to us. I can't imagine life without them and I am so thankful everyday that God has blessed Joe and I with the task of caring for them (Ask me if I still feel the same way at 2:00 tomorrow morning or after carpet stain #3... hehe, I will.)

No comments:

Post a Comment