Disposable cameras are funny. I recently found one in our drawer so I took it to Wal-Mart to have it developed. The contents were pictures from our house boat trip in Lake Shasta, Summer of 2009.
Now the reason I say the ole' disposable is funny is because when you're looking through the little eye hole you may think to yourself, this is going to be a great snap shot. Well when the photo is developed, turns out that close up shot you got actually looks like you're 20 feet away. And all of the photos look like they were taken in 1972. The coloring is funky and the lighting is off.
But despite the quality-lacking presentation given by the disposable camera, I am thankful they exist for those time when you realize you left the fancy digital camera at home. If it weren't for the trusty, ever-ready disposable, we would have missed out on the opportunity to catalogue these memories of our house boat trip last summer.
Looking back, I remember how much fun we had. Oliver took over the hot tub and went nuts with water play for the week. He was so cute and squishy back then and Henry was just a little peanut inside my belly. Here are some of our funky photos that some from the disposable camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment