Without me saying it, I’m sure you are aware that every moment spent with my family is special to me. Whether or not I can pinpoint one particular thing about it that was especially wonderful, it’s all still worth sharing because it’s our story. Big event, little day to day things, it all goes together into this amazing life that Joe, the kids, and me all share with each other.
With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I could make a list of all the things in my life that I am thankful for. I’m sure that many of the things I would include, such as health, income, family, are also on your list. But I think the more important thing to do would be to remember why we have this list of blessings in the first place.
I know that each and every wonderful thing I have in my life is simply because God loved me, so much so, that he would give the life of His son to pay for my transgressions and pull me into an ever-lasting relationship with him. This was the message this past Sunday in church, and as I was listening, I first thought, how many times have I heard this sermon (terrible, I know). But then I started to think, I have two sons. Would I be willing to sacrifice one of them to pay for the sins of others? I don’t know what I could do that.
And so I think to myself, as a recipient of the greatest gift ever given, that being the ultimate love of our Heavenly Father, I hope that in these photos, you may catch a glimpse of even the tiniest shred of the same kind of Godly love being shared between our family and friends. May your homes be warm, your bellies full, your faith strengthened, and your heart joyful in this season to come.
| Henry, Oliver, and Avery at Disneyland. |
| This picture just makes me laugh, my silly boy! |
| There are lots of good captions for what Kinley might be thinking, but for some reason Henry was just in tears during this ride on the teacups. |
| Emily, Oliver, and their daddies, tea cups, Disneyland. |
| After much objection, Oliver opted to give Dumbo a go. He liked it, as I told him he would. Someday he'll learn - mother knows best! |
No comments:
Post a Comment