Monday, September 27, 2010

Swoosh that was a busy weekend!

It's funny how the weekend are supposed to be for rest, but they end up being busier than the work week. This weekend the Parla Family did what felt like a tour of Southern California. We did Disneyland on Friday in Anaheim, a visit with friends in Palm Desert on Saturday, Kathy Griffin Saturday night in Temecula, and lastly, lunch with more friends in Carlsbad on Sunday.

We did have a nice time together as a family despite all of our traveling. We conquered as many rides as possible at Disneyland and made progress completing the autograph book. With the over 100 degree temperatures, we got some swimming in on Saturday, and Sunday we not only visited with good friends but also got errands done around the house.

I could tell the kids were ready to be home by day three though. Henry crawled his little heart out all over the living room. I am guessing he was excited to stretch his legs after being held for the larger part of several days running. And if I'm not mistaken, Oliver was asleep before I even left the room Sunday night.

So today mom and dad go back to work and the kids go back to daycare - all with hopes of getting rest from the weekend. And when the week is over, we will do the running all over again - pumpkin patch, wedding, baby shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment