Friday, April 29, 2011

Ventura Harbor - a Throwback to Childhood Memories

A couple weekends ago, we visited my mom and Grandpa Calvin, making a fun day out of exploring Ventura Harbor and playing at an Easter Festival there. When we were on our way there, I had a vague idea of where we were going. But I couldn't recall the exact details in my mind as to where the harbor was located or what was there.

But once we arrived, memories from my childhood filled my mind. I remember walking around the harbor with my mom and dad and walking through the shops. I remember the arcade and the little rides. I think I even spent a weekend on a house boat that was docked in this pier in high school.

Anyhow, it was fun to walk around with my kids in a place that I had spent time in when I was small. If this were a movie, it would be fun to see the young me catching a glimpse of the old me of the future with my husband and kids... that's silly of course, but it's fun to pretend. I think the young me would have really liked what she was seeing.




No comments:

Post a Comment