Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Plans Change Quickly

This has been an interesting weekend, but not in the typical Parla way of running around Southern California, looking for new adventures. Right when Joe came home from his trip, he came down with strep throat. I in turn, also caught strep throat. So by Saturday, we were both aching and tired. Thankfully the children did not develop strep. They did however, catch a nice dose of pink eye. I am so thankful that Joe’s and my regular doctor’s office has an on-going urgent care and that the children’s pediatrician is kind enough to call in a prescription for them over the weekend.

We’re all improving, but Joe did catch the pink eye this morning. And of course, it had to be today that he would get it – Open House day! Of all the days a teacher has to be at school, Joe came down with a sickness most people would be quarantined for. Amazingly, Auntie Nikki has not caught any of the circling sicknesses. Fingers crossed that this does not change in a day or two.

Another bit of unwanted news, my of my friends at work broke her leg. What does this have to do with the Parla Family? Well, I have been asked to work an extra day each week to support the staff while my friend is out. Of course my concern is for Sally and I wish her a swift recovery with a little pain as possible. But I can’t help but think about the summer that almost was. I know it’s only one more day of work a week, but Joe and I were really looking forward to the extra time together this summer. In all of Joe’s years as a teach, this is the first that I have been able to be home with him for the majority of it. Bets are going around about how long my friend will be out of work, and I am hoping that the three – four week bets are closest to accurate, for my family’s sake.

My first inclination when this all happened was to be bummed out!! However, can I really be sad about God providing, if nothing more through this than an opportunity to make some extra money. Who knows, maybe we have a need that Joe and I don’t foresee that God is preparing for. In all things though, I can be confident that God knows our needs, whether they be more time together as a family, a few dollars, or whatever. God has always been there for my family in ways beyond what I could even hope for, and He always will be. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment