Friday, July 1, 2011

Parla Family Magic

Anyone that knows me or Joe knows that we just love Disneyland. I’d like to say that the reason we go there so often is mostly for the kids, but to be honest, sometimes I think we drag the kids along because it’s something that we enjoy doing, and as it turns out, our kids like it too, so that is a bonus.

Joe and I have been going to Disneyland together for about 13 years now, and the magic still has not run out for us. There is something to be said for the nostalgia that can still be felt all around that park. Yes, Disneyland is ridiculously expensive and I know their ultimate goal is to get me to give them all my money, but for some reason there, I am happy to give it them because the memories me and my family come away with are well worth the over-priced corn dog I buy there each time we go.

Walt Disney had a lot of wonderful things to say about the imagination, what he had set out to do with Disneyland, about dreams… I was looking at some quotes to put in our family book on the Disneyland page, and I came across this one about Disneyland.

“Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” ~ Walt Disney

This quote struck a chord with me because I feel like this about my family and my children often. Yes, our family is complete with the four of us, but we continue to grow and change as we share our lives together. One of the things I feel like I speak of often is allowing my kids to truly experience the magic and excitement of being a child. There are so many harsh realities that my little ones will have to face someday, but for as long as we can find creative ways for them to experience the fun in the world around them, Joe and I will continue to extend to them the adventure that is our family and the time we spend together.

For our family, Disneyland is one of those places where Joe and I are able to make their world a little more imaginative and playful.



No comments:

Post a Comment