There is so much truth to that statement. Don’t get me wrong, we love our actual families with all our hearts and they are wonderful, but what an amazing blessing it is to have friends who mean so much to us, that we can consider them family, and know that they feel the same way for us. I am so pleased to know too that this statement applies to many friends, which makes me even more thankful for the people God has brought into our lives.
This summer we spent a week in Palm Springs with the Johnsons. Brian and Jennifer have been our friends since college, and our children share birthdays in close proximity to each other. Oliver and Emily are about three weeks apart, and Henry and Kinley are two days apart!
I have to admit I was apprehensive about a week in Palm Springs, specifically because of the heat; and if anyone knows me well, they know I don’t LOVE swimming. But I must say, our week with the Johnsons was more than enjoyable. There was excellent conversation and time spent among the adults, and the children has so much fun playing together.
At one point in the trip, I even overhead Oliver telling Emily that he wants to marry her. It was very sweet. Who knows what will become of their budding childhood romance, but to know that they share such a special bond, much like their parents share with their friends, warms my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment