Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Riley's Farms





I am a sucker for environment. By this I mean, give me some old fashioned buildings, people dressed up in clothing for a certain time period, some Irish songs and violins in the background, a barn… I love it all, no matter how re-created or unauthentic it may be.  This past weekend we went to Riley’s Farms with my the grandparents to pick some fruit. Before we arrived, I thought, oh this will be something fun and inexpensive for the kids to for with my parents. Wrong! I should have turned back when I saw the first civil-war era chap greeting at the drive way to tell us where to go. But as I said from the start, I am a sucker for environment, and although we picked the most expensive bag of apples we’ve ever purchased, we were paying for the experience and we had a wonderful afternoon with grandma and grandpa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment