Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Some Good Ole' Boy Time at Christmas

Well after making my boys suffer through shoe shopping with mom, they were able to experience some boy time as its finest. On the way home from mom’s shoe extravaganza, we stopped off at Bass Pro Shops in Rancho Cucamonga to visit with Santa and check out some fishing goods. Oliver loves fish and all aquatic related items more than any other kind of toy, so I figured even if he gets to see the fish tank, he would be excited.

What we did experience though, far exceeded my expectations. In some ways, I felt like we were a scene taken out of the movie, The Christmas Carol, where Ralphie goes to the mall to tell Santa about his ultimate Christmas wish. The ginormous store was complete with carousel, Santa’s Village, games for the kids, and remote control cars and trains, just to name a few of the activities available to engage the excited young mind. However, in our movie scene, Santa didn’t kick my kids down the slide after taking their Christmas wishes.

I honestly think, had I let them, Oliver and Henry might have stayed there all afternoon. Only the lure of happy meals, seeing daddy, and a promise to come back again another day could persuade my kiddos to leave their boy heaven.





No comments:

Post a Comment