I would have to say this Christmas morning has been the most fun since having kids. This is the first year I think Oliver really got the idea of Santa Claus and was excited for it. And when we asked Oliver why we give presents, he said it was because it was Jesus' birthday. So we got the meaning and the magic of Christmas down I think.
I also really enjoyed this Christmas because it was Henry's first Christmas. It was fun that his first Christmas was at ten months old. Even though he didn't know what was going on really, he enjoyed the sparkly Christmas decorations, especially the ornaments on the tree in the living room (thank goodness for shatter-proof ornaments), the wrapping paper and bows, and the toys inside the paper. It did seem odd to me that it was his first Christmas because Oliver had his first when he was only two weeks old. But no matter, it was special.
My parents came over Christmas Eve and spent the night. They woke up Christmas morning with us and opened presents. Later that day, Ryan and Sherry, Calvin's son and his wife, came over for Christmas dinner. It was a lovely evening getting to know Ryan and Sherry more and they got a very special Christmas present of their own - a new baby on the way.
Here are some pictures from Christmas Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment